Sika Deer Hunting
6S Ranch is notorious for having some of the largest Sika deer in Texas! The best time to hunt these animals is from September to February, although you can do it pretty much the whole year-round. At 6S Ranch we pay special attention to the way we build our Sika herds. We can proudly state that 6S ranch has the most exotic and pure Sika deer in Texas. If you are looking for a challenging hunt for a Trophy you’d be proud to hang on your wall, the Sika hunt is the one for you.
No seasonal restrictions, available to book year round. To have the highest number of hard-antler bucks to choose from, we recommend booking between September and February.
Hunt our Axis deer using any method you prefer, including Spot and Stalk, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Pistol Hunting, Safari Style, or from a Blind.
Antler Size: 11-29 Inches
Weight: 60-350 Pounds
Est. World Population: 100,000+
Sika Deer Trophy Fee:
Guide Fee: $150/per day
Sika Deer Bucks – $2,750
Sika Deer Hunting All Inclusive Rates
Our all-inclusive Axis deer hunting package includes all of the above as well as the following:
- Field Dressing
- 2 Days/2 Nights of Lodging
- Meals Included and Prepared by On-Site Chef
- Soft Drinks/Bottled Water
- Fishing, Hiking, and Other Free Activities
COST: $200/per person, per night
Interesting Facts About Sika Deer
- Can weigh up to 350 pounds
- Sika deer’s name comes from “shika”, the Japanese word for “deer”
- The Sika deer makes a wide range of vocal sounds
- Sika deer can reach up to 1.7 m in height when jumping over something.
- Sika deer’s eyes are on the sides of their head, allowing them to see further than we can to each side. This is a useful defense against predators, as all they can do is run away.
- Sika venison is strong-flavored darker meat, which is often described as similar in taste to elk.
Book Your Sika Deer Hunt
We recommend making Axis hunting reservations well in advance to secure availability.